15 June 2010

sleep cycles need a reset button

Ever tried to write a blog post when you're barely conscious and not very capable of awareness...?




I have.





So, I have an issue, where I frequently get tired of my blog. I just get bored or repulsed because of the way it looks. That leads to the following series of events:
  1. I never want to post.
  2. I change my blog's appearance.
I wonder how long it will take for me to become bored with a brand new template....
Hopefully a while... because then perhaps I'll post more often.
I have some friends who are really good at posting most everyday.
Others just have really priceless posts when the posts come.
I never want to post. Not that I'm posting for a big crowd or anything, I just think that I ought to actually post more often...

In pretty much unrelated news, due to spam comments, I'll be privatizing my blog and/or changing the url soon.... I don't want to do this. But I'm oh-so-sick of the spam.

But really, blogs are such a grand blessing. My sister and brother-in-law are moving away to the east coast, and just last night I was feeling so glad that Olivia is such a consistent, talented blogger. Really....
And the entire reason I entered the intimidating blogosphere was because I was running off to play in Guatemala while my family enjoyed Utah winter. With my blog, I felt like I was keeping someone updated....
It acted as my journal, too. I hadn't become a write-a-holic yet....

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, spam. Mostly in Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or other such languages. Usually with unsavory links, promoting their business, and the like. That's why I moderate comments.

    You don't count as spam. I think you're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt is more than cool. Then again the same can be said about you.
    I have the same problem with lack of motivation :x

    ReplyDelete