10 February 2009

Sometimes

Quick Post:
Sometimes I have no clue whats going on, even in places where I'm not a foreigner. Here in Guate, sometimes it happens because I space out and forget that people might speak to me in a language I need to listen to well in order to hear. SO, this gives us premise for tonight's story. Quick, 'cause I have seminary at five.

Tonight at mutual we had a testimony meeting. And I listened, and understood. It was really nice. Then in our YW class, we made assignments for Young Women in Excellence on the 22nd. (I have to wear an orange shirt, black skirt, bear my testimony [they want it in English] and sing a song in English while a friend plays the piano.) I got that. Then we wrote the ward missionaries. I think my letter was pretty okay. Even if it was disjointed. Then we played futból with the YM, and I didn't really want to play 'cause of my shoes, but did anyway. Barefoot. It was the first time in a WHILE that I was barefoot. Here we wear shoes inside 'cause of the cold, outside 'cause of the ground, in the shower incase of fungus, etc. But I got to be barefoot for the game. And it was HEAVEN. Everyone thought I was nuts. More than once I was offered a pair of tennis shoes, but I turned them down. I said that there wasn't any snow, so I was good. Fun game. Here's where it gets good.
The bishop gave us all a ride home in the back of his car. The thing is, my cousin's sister-in-law is my leader. And she knew that there had been a birthday party today (that I will post about later.) And she asked me about it, and I didn't catch it all, but tried to answer anyway. I was really tired. Then I spaced out. Then I realized they were talking to me, and I told them that I didn't hear. Then we were at my house. And pretty much everyone who had been standing in the back of the truck got out, and followed me in, and all I heard and understood was the word pastel over and over. And they came in. I guess for cake. And I had no clue what was going on, and I kept apologizing to my cousins, and they kept laughing and visiting. And then they left. And I was still confused.

The end. I guess it's okay... culturally... Or maybe they were just fine with it, because they all know eachother.

So there that is.
Josie

2 comments:

  1. Excellent story! You are like a monkey, aren't you?, with your barefootiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete