10 May 2010

i like the word 'ferocious'


Ferocious.


Ferocious.


Just feel it, it feels nice.
Ferocious.

'Ferocious' etymologically means 'fierce looking'. I think it's the looking half of that meaning that allows people to use ferocious in an endearing way. ... When I picture a kid that I'd describe as 'ferocious', I see, for example, my little brother. His excitement, his intensity, his passion, his courage.

Ferocious. Its dictionary definition isn't as endearing.
'Ferocious' could describe my April, by either definition. Both. I was really bad at doing anything beyond the world of AP Testing. Honestly, much of the AP-centered time was spent wishing that I had my moleskin instead of whatever notebook happened to be in front of me, and trying to want to try to concentrate. (This is not a very effective study routine, and I wouldn't really recommend it.)

But my AP weeks are over! All I have now is my IB Music test, but that's in two weeks. (The time dedicated to that test will be ferocious to me as well, but probably more productive and reasonably spaced out.)

The new Ferocious in my life at present is the orphaned child of those conquered AP Test-prep Ferociouses. (The prep stressed me. The tests were tiring, but quick; I don't frequently find myself stressed when I'm taking a test. Only before....) My new Ferocious will be recovering. The prep madness had me acting quite negligent toward most everything else. My room, for example, holds a ferocious mess. Another example would be my AP US History grade. Ironically, I was so focussed on the test that some assignments were left unfinished.


A major evidence: Blog Post.
(Although, this is also because I am taking a break... Heh.)

I have more posts coming. May will maybe show ferocious numbers of blog posts. Hopefully.

That's all for now though,
Jos

3 comments:

  1. ummm... you missed coloring one ferocious after the picture by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...

    Actually, that one doesn't feel red. ... So I haven't turned it red. Good eye, though. I hadn't really registered it. I was about to turn it red, but I was looking at it for a while, and I decided not to....

    It just doesn't fit as well in the sentence if I turn it red. I guess it's a shy ferocious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post, i love all your posts - so post post post! And hey,in less than an hour, that IB Music test will be OVER... Time to design and print a graduation announcement!!!!
    WOOT WOOT.

    ReplyDelete