13 March 2010

Beatlemania

I've been doing lot's of Beatles appreciation recently.

I remember, way back in the earlier half of my life, A Hard Day's Night played when we had to clean, and we'd just get stuff done and sing along to that album. A Hard Day's Night, speaking of the song this time, was my theme song. Olivia used to have me sing it. Carmen sangNorwegian Wood, for the same reason...

Those guys were among the elite. Their music has such variety, and it's pretty much all successful.

But I, being myself, am a sucker for their lyrics.

For instance:
From DON'T PASS ME BY, a comical example:
I'm sorry that I doubted you.
I was so unfair.
You were in a car-crash,
And you lost your hair.
You said that you would be late,
About an hour or two.
That's okay, I'm just waiting here,
Just waiting to hear from you.

From WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS, a poetic example:
I look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping,
While my guitar gently weeps.
I look at the floor, and I see it needs sweeping.
Still, my guitar gently weeps.
I don't know why nobody told you
How to unfold your love.
I don't know how someone controlled you.
They bought and sold you.

From HERE COMES THE SUN, a feel-good example:
Little darling,
It's been a long, cold, lonely winter.
Little darling,
It feels like years since it's been here...
... Little darling,
The smile's returning to the faces,
Little darling,
It feels like years since it's been here.
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright.

I love the stories told in Rocky Racoon, Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, She Loves You, and other songs.

This is the song I've had stuck in my head for a while:
I'm not generally a fan of covers of The Beatles' songs. But this one I like.

Anyway, there's the rant for today.
Enjoy,
josie


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the cover of that song from Across the Universe.

    ReplyDelete