04 January 2010

let impatience have a go

A few things (if "few" is allowed to equal 4 and a poem) :
  • Blogger won't let me upload pictures. Upset? Yes. But only by a little bit. If we were to measure it in terms of a threshold, then I'm standing just beyond said threshold. But it was a threshold of quit. I gave up trying to put a picture up here. In retrospect, I wasted time. ... It wasn't even all that important. In fact, it was zero important.
  • 'Nother thing: I've developed a crush on in- words. A few that have found their way onto the blank-no-longer pages of my moleskin are inconsistency, intrude, inflict, interlude, intervene. I have others in my head, but I haven't yet let them out. It's kinda a gradual thing. But it makes me want to write inportant instead of important. Baffling. (Not really, but I wanted to use that word.)
  • I was thinking the other day (four minutes ago), "Hey. Why do I always talk about myself when I blog?" That's when I realized A: it's not always, and B: it's... my blog. But still, I sometimes wish that I wasn't always writing about me and my writing and why I'm this or I'm that or mine or me or my or whomever is I. Is it weird that I feel guilty writing about myself? ... Probably. That said, I'm currently collecting art blogs that I love, and I want to share. So I'm going to shortly.
  • I tend to be embarrassed by my blog, words, poems, stories, and the like. I don't think that's really a good thing. So I'm going to try to let myself tell people about this blog. I usually don't, or when I do it's a very shallow effort. I feel... like it's bragging. Anybody know how that goes? ... I do. I poem'd about it a bit earlier today. (Once again, trying to be more ¿confident? with my writing, I'll post it with this post.)
A Question I Discovered I'd Asked Myself
Am I writing for a purpose?
I let few people read.
But it feels a bit intimidating,
And I know there's stuff I lack.
I don't write quite as often
as I know I think I should.
Admittedly, I'm scared--
Even terrified (to a point).
I know there's stuff I lack,
But I still should write some more,
And let more people read words
I write to write some more.
And not just the same ones
I let 'cause I feel safe.
But am I writing for a purpose,
Or just to write some more?

3 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way... we must be related or something :)
    Please oh, please keep posting your writing! I enjoy it ever so much. You are just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... that's awesome

    P.s. I commented :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Keep writing it for you. That's the most important thing, I think. Once we worry too much about writing for others, writing just becomes... blah... compulsory... I don't know.

    And thanks for letting those of us who stumble upon this blog enjoy it.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete