10 November 2009

I Titled a Poem with a Picture

Why did I title a poem with a picture? Because it fit better than a word would. Sometimes pictures can just say it all. Very eloquently too.
Here is the poem (with the kind-of title):

I'm listening
And you know it's true,
But sleep sounds
So inviting.

_I'm wandering
I'm here with you.
Can you tell that
___I am trying?

______ _________I'm mumbling.
______ ______All my speech is slurring.
______ ___ Mumbling...
______ So inviting...

___Eyes closed
_Feels so much better.
Eyes closed,
I can see you better.
Eyes closed.
___ Eyes closed.

______ _I'm sleeping now.
No. I'm back with you.
Your shoulder looks
_So inviting

_I'm leaning now.
Were you saying something?
Was it really
So important?

Can't I SLEEP?
I CAN'T sleep.

___But eyes closed
_Feels so much better.
Eyes closed,
I can hear you better.
Eyes closed.
___ Ears down.

______ Sleep sounds


______ _________So inviting.


Yup. As I was writing it, I realized that there were plenty of potential titles that would work well. But I still think the picture works best.


2 comments:

  1. Nice closed eye sketch! Nice poem! Nice that you got your MAC out of Sean's hands a moment to be able to post something!
    ...wish my eyes were still closed right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Josie! I just found your blog through Meredith's! And, how fun that you have a picture of my street at the top of your blog!

    ReplyDelete